Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ummm... wow.

It's a strange thing to move to Thailand, and find this on TV in the morning.

I'm not in any danger. So far I've seen no troops or other signs of a coup, but I'm in a very suburban part of Chiang Mai. Others have told me there are troops at the train and bus stations, and possibly elsewhere. I don't have any idea how/if this affects my work or the willingness of my sponsor to keep me in the country, so at this point I have little option but to go about my life as normal.

But first: CNN and the BBC, in light of the outgoing media blackout, have asked foreigners in the country to send pictures and firsthand accounts of what's going on, and I'm going to try to pitch in. Haven't seen anything untoward yet - let's see if I can find something.

Don't worry, I'm not going to wave a camera at any troops, nor do anything similarly foolish.

As soon as I know more I'll post here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul,

You cant link to a news portals main page. When I opened the link I went to a story about a Brasil Air Crash.

We miss Paul even as he subverts his locals.