Friday, April 11, 2008

Missing Thailand...

Song Kram, a gargantuan water war involving a quarter-million atavistic revelers, is underway right now on the streets of Chiang Mai. Last year during Song Kram, I had my foot overrun by a pickup truck, a bucket was shattered on my forehead drawing plenty of blood, my keys/wallet/phone were inadvertently stolen by my students, and I acquired a whomping case of heatstroke wandering about trying to find a way back into my apartment.

And yet I desperately wish I could be there in the chaos right now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Chaos is what we live for.

christian said...

so you gonna count that as thursday's post, or friday's?

either way you owe me a nice crisp tenner.

Corinne said...

http://travel.nytimes.com/2008/04/13/travel/13hours.html?ex=1365739200&en=14d876c0aa67fc17&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss