Sunday, August 09, 2009

One of blogging's cute ironies is that while unexpected, entertaining, or even tumultuous events often fuel the most fascinating blog posts, they frequently make actually writing such posts a practical impossibility.

For example:

During a brief but lovely visit, Emily and I took a too-short sojourn to Pokhara, the anti-Kathmandu - a serene, yet still marvelously entertaining city where, had I been sane, I would have settled rather than in the nightmarish capital.

The rainy season turned Kathmandu to goo. (Hey, that rhymes!)

My thuggish, sleazy bottom-floor neighbours nicked $500 from my coffee table. I'm loth to go into the details, but suffice it to say that it wasn't due to any silly lapse in security on my part but rather to a previously unexpected layer of depravity on their part. Jenn and Court (my cool and considerably less larcenous neighbours) have informed me that the theft has led to the eviction of the guilty parties, so I'll call that a Paul victory, if a Pyrrhic one.

And I'm in Sudan.

Bedtime.

5 comments:

Court said...

Hey Paul, time to change your blog name again... perhaps NePauless??

Jocelyn said...

Good God, man, how do you END with that statement? "And I'm in Sudan."

What does bedtime look like in Sudan? Hot? Sandy, Sticky? noisy? Give us the details man!

Anonymous said...

You live a too interesting life. Hope your safe.
~R

Behnaz said...

I realize by the cliffhanger ending to this blog that there is much more to come, almost a sequel if you will. However, I'm saddened to think how long it will take to get another post from you.

Hope Sudan treats you better than Kathmandu ever did. =)

MusicScienceGuy said...

Ok, do you have the 'edge'og trained now. Your loyal audience needs to know!