Wednesday, December 06, 2006

In which I confess some foolishness...

Tonight you were supposed to get a bonanza post about the King of Thailand's birthday, as well as my attempts to suss out how the odd Thai calendar works.

Yet I, in my infinite wisdom, have locked myself out of my apartment, and will be spending my evening dealing with that instead. I've exiled myself from my phone, my computer, and the key to my bike lock, hobbling myself rather effectively. I can't remembered the last time I so profoundly inconvenienced myself with so little effort... I'm actually a little proud of myself. Thank Vishnu for the glory of internet cafes.

So instead of learning about the grand festival of idolatry known as the King's Birthday, you'll ponder the transpirings of the evening as I try to track down someone who can open my apartment. Leaven your terror and worry with the knowledge that I played my first full soccer game ever today. The other team was distinctly unnerved by my unorthodox yet wildly inventive strategy of scoring on my own goal, and yet more confused by my curious inattentiveness once my team tethered me to my goalposts in the curious hope that I'd do less harm as goalie. In fact, our opponents were so disoriented by my brilliantly innovative gameplay that we actually won, a victory for which I claim full credit.

OK, back to cajoling the obnoxious little man who manages my apartment. You'll hear more soon... and if I don't come back, avenge my death!

No comments: