Wednesday, February 06, 2008

In which I enjoy MY Super Bowl...

... better known as Super Tuesday. As it stands, it looks like Obama and Clinton will come in very close in terms of delegate count, even if Hillary takes California by 10 points. That's not the tie it looks like. If Hillary wins by only a small margin, she's in trouble, because the as-yet undecided states are mainly places (Texas, Ohio) where Barack has either a polling lead or an organizational advantage, or both. I wouldn't have expected it a month ago, but it looks to my ignorant eyes like there's a 50-50 chance for either nominee. It's going to be a long night... and a long year.

I like them both, I really do - either would make a fantastic president, and either is almost certain to thwomp McCain in November. But I must confess that whenever Barack pulls ahead I feel a minor twinge of excitement that was oddly absent when Hillary took New Hampshire. So there it is - I'm an Obama fan. Good luck , Barack.

In other news, I'm again spastically expanding my music collection. Having had my fill of emo rock, I'm trying to dig up tracks with some proper volume to them, and yet enough rhythm to be properly catchy. VAST-style stuff, perhaps. Or maybe some quality new hard rock - any suggestions? I don't know what's new in Canadian music, but I'm in a download frenzy and will happily accept all advice.

1 comment:

Padraic said...

I, too, am a Canadian Obama-lover. I'd like to say it's because of anti-lobbyist position, his geek-friendly tech-policy, or his reassuring foreign policy, but to be honest, I think it's pure charisma.

As for Canadian music - check out the CBC Radio 3 podcast, if you don't already. It's not all great, but they have a wide enough selection to introduce you to something you can follow up elsewhere.