Friday, February 01, 2008

In which I extend my condolences to Corinne...

On the loss of Themba, her much-loved and too-short-lived hedgehog. I hope Corinne draws some solace from the knowledge that Themba was loved like no other hedgehog in history.

And also perhaps some solace from the Walking with Dinosaurs show we saw tonight! Sure, it's cheesy and kid-focused, but damned if it ain't a ton of fun! Some minor technical glitches notwithstanding (a toppled Utahraptor and a slightly delayed Mama Rex), I was floored by the ingenuity of what they managed to put into a live show. I'm glad I'm nerdy enough to appreciate live theatre about evolution and plate tectonics. Even if I weren't, the big T-Rex (when she finally showed) was just plain mind-blowing. Was it worth 70 bucks a pop? Hrm... maybe not. But it was surely worth more than the nothing I paid for the tickets. Corinne and I happily roared at each other all the way to the Skytrain, mimicking the hyper-enthused youngsters who populated the show. Good fun all around.

2 comments:

christian said...

that'll be another $20.

$40 tonight at the party, or forty cockpunches from miyuki.

Paul said...

Can go half and half? 20 bucks and 20 cockpunches? I'm running low on rent money.