Thursday, November 27, 2008

A day.

I had things to write about, but now I'm just watching the horrific events unfolding in Mumbai. It's a little hard to know what to think, right off the bat. The head of Mumbai's anti-terrorism squad has been assassinated along with his top deputies. At least a half dozen different sites have been attacked in commando raids entirely unlike the typical Al Qaeda coordinated attack. I've never heard of the "Deccan Mujahideen" before, and I don't think anyone else has either, but I presume we'll be hearing much more of them soon, though it seems likely that's a front name. I'll just watch for now, and keep my opinions to myself.

A few people have asked, so: I'm fine. I'm a thousand kilometres out of the way in a country that shares none of India's issues with Islamic radicalism. Thanks for your concern - I'm in no danger here.

No comments: