Thursday, March 22, 2007

In which I bubble with minor pride...

This has got to be one of the best pictures I've even taken. Wasn't easy.

Cool Cow

In other news, I've worked out a fantastic deal with the fine lady who runs the little hole-in-the-wall where I eat lunch most days. The place make great, ultra-authentic food for microscopic prices - about $0.75 a plate. They're so low rent they don't have menus, and the corkboard tables are disintegrating - it's about as Thai as you can get. But I've grown tired of eating the same half-dozen dishes (namely, the ones whose names I know). So, with the help of my Thai phrasebook (using it for pointing rather than speaking, of course), we've worked out a new deal. I no longer order lunch. Every day she makes me whatever she thinks I'll like. In return, I eat it. She's never steered me wrong yet, and she instinctively understands that as I'm a weakling foreigner she'd best tone down the chilis. It's a good way to go.

No comments: