Saturday, March 10, 2007

In which I'm alive and well...

Having procured some new scars kayaking down the Mae Nam Song river in the middle of Laos and subsequently leaping from a rope swing, I've finally arrived safely in Luang Prabang, the lovely, UNESCO-listed heart of northern Laos. It feels rather more like being in the French Alps, so thoroughly preserved are the remnants of French colonization. In fact, I'm about to rush out to visit what's apparently one of the world's finest French restaurants, so my post gets cut short here. I'll be returning to Chiang Mai (by plane, thank Vishnu, rather than by bus) tomorrow, and details aplenty will arrive then - including tales of the distressingly numerous, well-armed and polite(?) insurgents lining the highway to Luang Prabang.

No comments: