Wednesday, January 30, 2008

In which human ingenuity both stuns and terrifies me...

I'm not certain whether this represents the absolute peak of our civilization, or is a herald of the coming dark age. Yes, it's a cheeseburger in a can. What will those wacky Germans think of next?

In a related note, I've been scrambling to finish Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food before Erin wrests it from my cold, dead fingers. I highly recommend it, and it dovetails fairly nicely with my attempts to eat as healthily as possible of late. If only my bosses didn't insist on leaving a vast bowl of delicious Jelly Belly beans at my desk. Bastards. Thank the gods for Coke Zero and cheap Vancouver sushi.

4 comments:

christian said...

here's a write-up in english:

http://gizmodo.com/350091/cheeseburger-in-a-can-is-both-the-best-and-worst-thing-ive-ever-seen

I would totally hit it.

I don't know if I'd eat it, but I'd totally hit it.

Rachel said...

Great book!

jonny death-star said...

OMG, that is an awesome Cheeseburger in a tin! I'll laugh for days.

christian said...

witness the carnage unfold!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&postid=339037869#post339037869