Wednesday, October 11, 2006

In which I cheerfully await this afternoon's class...

... namely because my students are hung over. Last night, they and I and the rest of the staff of my to-remain-unnamed organization tromped out to the Chiang Mai German Microbrewery. If that sounds eclectic, you should imagine to cognitive dissonance provoked by eating tom kha gai, pork schnitzel, seafood fried rice, and German sausage, all the while dousing it with generous quantities of brewed-on-the-premises German lager.

Very generous quantities, in fact. Unaccustomed to the strength of Bavarian brews, and moreover quite eager to partake voluminously since they spend most of their days tucked away on our tiny compound, several of the students indulged waaaay past their limits. Grudging smiles and unfocused stares seem to be the order of the day today.

And I rather doubt they finished the homework I gave them yesterday...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is thai beer?:)
Have you discovered more about the tests in North Korea?

Paul said...

Thai beer seems pretty ordinary to me, but I've only tried it once. I've been told it's awfully strong.

As for North Korea, looks like it was definitely a nuke. I'll post more as soon as this nutty week is over.

Anonymous said...

Only once? What have you been drinking?:)

Paul said...

I've been drinking nothing! Working too hard!

Don't worry, I've still got 11 months here.