Friday, April 06, 2007

In which I offer another post of interest to few...

There's a surprisingly gripping blogalogue you'll find here, in which Catholic pundit Andrew Sullivan and committed atheist Sam Harris have been arguing civilly and passionately for months about the existence of g(G?)od. Fascinating if it's your thing.

You may have presumed that this post is an excuse for me to put off the last of my Laosblogging for the day, and you'd be right. But now I've wrapped up my non-violence class and will be getting back to such joyful frivolities as soon as I've repaid my massive accumulated sleep debt. See you in a day or three.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Have you read Sam Harris' book(s)? I saw "The End of Faith" in an airport and nearly bought it, but I think it looked just a tad too philosophical ... I have a long flight coming up so maybe I'll reconsider?

Paul said...

I haven't, though now I'm thinking about it. His arguments are smart and persuasive - more so, by a wide margin, than those of his theistic opponent.

P.S. Read "The Omnivore's Dilemma"... it's great fun and highly informative.